On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 7:44 AM, LiangYun Gong <kit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a problem with scp bash script. I was trying to automate scp command
> to copy files in and out, and I was trying to avoid key in the password
> myself.
>
> So I attempt to use the "here string" feature of bash, it didn't work with
> scp.
>
> And those server I am working with, they don't have expect package
> installed. :-(
>
> ps. I am not supposed to change the configuration of the servers( includes
> setup openssh keys, or install expect)
>
> You guys have any idea that can help this case?
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> kit393

Well, expect is generally used client-side and doesn't require a
server-side counterpart, assuming you're pulling files to, or pushing
from, a machine you do have actual control of.  SSH keys are the usual
means, since they don't involve writing a password somewhere in plain
text, but lacking those, expect on your own machine would do the
trick.

--
Poison [BLX]
Joshua M. Murphy