> Can somebody recommend a tftp server that works?

For my BOOTP server I've been using net-ftp/tftp-hpa for quiet some
time, which works great here.

> But, when I try to install one of the other tftp servers, emerge
> refuses.  How to I tell emerge to go ahead and install, for example,
> netkit-tftp even though atftp is already installed?

Maybe use emerge --force or transfer the ebuild to a local overlay and
remove the blocking. I never understood why different tftp servers block
each other. I mean I can install pure-ftpd and proftpd at the time time too.