On Wed, 9 May 2012 21:44:19 +0200, Alex Schuster wrote:

> I guess I could remove anything running on my KDE desktop one by one,
> including plasmoids, and see if playback gets better. But not now, I
> finally have to actually do some work.

I recently experienced slowdowns and delays with KDE. It turned out I had
inadvertently disabled swap (I'd rearranged my partitions and not updated
fstab). As soon as I gave it some swap space the delays disappeared.

--
Neil Bothwick

Sarchasm : The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person
who doesn't get it.