On Tue, 2012-06-05 at 10:21 -0400, Michael Mol wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 8:52 AM, Mick <michaelkintz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> [snip]

> >> What proc?
> >
> > If you mean what /proc is this remoteaccess thing in, I don't really know.
> > How can I find it?
>
> Sorry...what CPU do you have?
>
> cat /proc/cpuinfo

Maybe this? -
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_Platform_Management_Interface

There is a kernel interface (under power management I think) and I seem
to remember some of my recent motherboards come with it.  If you have a
dell, look up iDRECV which does something similar.  Its not only the
cpu, but the motherboard you need to worry about.

BillK