On 06/10/2012 03:33 PM, Mick wrote:
> On Sunday 10 Jun 2012 22:48:32 Alan McKinnon wrote:

>> That has *got* to be the first time ever someone could validly call
>> grub "simple" and "well-documented"
>>
>> Usually, grub is anything but  :-)
>
> Well documentation is pretty good me thinks, or at least GRUB legacy was.  I
> haven't yet delved at any depth into GRUB2, which is of course more
> complicated than its predecessor.
>
> PS. [OT] what key am I supposed to press to be able to see some more verbose
> output on the console while *ubuntu is booting?

I'm no expert on ubuntu, though I update my ubuntu virtualbox guest a few times
every year (hoping against hope that my wife will abandon her infatuation with
Bill Gates and join us). (Fat chance.)

The simple grub2 shell commands have a good deal in common with legacy grub:

When in doubt hit "c" or "e", then hit "tab" for a (long) list of grub2
commands.