On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM, Ezequiel Garcia <elezegar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Damn!
>
> I've been all morning struggling with this.
> I have an analog microphone wired to my hda intel onboard sound card.
> Also, I have a genius webcam (gspca_pac7302) with a builtin mic.

I have on-going problems with the mic on my system also. Alsa always
sets the mic controls I need back to 0 and won't ever save what I was
using.

Each time I need the mic I have to enable 3 settings in KDE mixer.
(which also exist in Alsamixer if you prefer to use that tool - hit F4
once in it)

--- Front Mic - turn it on. My system has 4 settings. I raise it by
one click at least. Note that in KDE I must grab the one on the right.
The one on the left won't raise the pair. Alsamixer only shows one
control.

--- Capture - turn it up to 80% or so

--- Digital - turn it up to 80% or so

These settings work for me but Alsa won't save them on my system like
it save headphone/PCM/Master settings so I have to turn them on by
hand every time..

HTH,
Mark