On Tue, 19 Jun 2012 20:02:20 +0200
meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got some problems with lua and its package manager called
> "luarocks". From the lua mailing list I got the information,
> that luarocks normall installs lua module/packages/"rocks"
> below /usr/local ... a place lua will look for, when adviced
> to use a certain module.
>
> With Gentoo, luarocks was fixed to install below
> /usr/lib64/lua/luarocks/lib/luarocks/rocks
> but lua wasn't instructed to do the same.
>
> Regardless what "rocks" I am installing, lua won't find
> it. So what can I do to fix that?
>
> Thank you very much for any help in advance!
> Best regards,
> mcc

I built a simple module, called by a likewise simple program.
after some searching around I found that by setting LUA_PATH with

export LUA_PATH=/usr/lib64/lua/luarocks/share/lua/5.1/?.lua;

I succeeded in running program + module.

I don't know, though, wether this works in more complicated
projects, but you might give it a try. If it works, you should
set LUA_CPATH too (if you want to include C-modules).

regards, michael