On 8/26/05, John Dangler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm reading through the wiki doc on setting up iptables.  There is a section
there that sets up a file called firewall.sh
i've emerged iptables, but I don't have a file by that name on the system,
and it seems that running "/etc/init.d/iptables save" writes this file as
/var/lib/iptables/rules-save.  Is there a specific directory where this file
should be written so that running "/etc/init.d/iptables save" can see it?
Or can the rules-save file be edited and re-written? (It seems as though
running "/etc/init.d/iptables save" would just over-write rules-save).

Thanks for the input.

John D

You first run the firewall.sh script. Then you do "/etc/init.d/iptables save" to save what you have just configured!

HTH,
Fernando