Hi,

I had that problem also ( mouse going crazy and keyboard was not responding ( my chipset was nForce 2 on the motherboard )) and there are to ways to fix it:( from my point of view). First try with the live cd and see if you still get the same problems and if not probably you have something done wrong you could try a genkernel and see if with the new kernel is doing the same thing and if not and you do not like the genkernel see what modules are enabled and try to build your kernel with manual.
   In xorg I have the mouse device : Option  "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Hope it helps since with my computer it worked with a new kernel emerged and manually configured.

Best regards

Martins Steinbergs wrote:

i have this problem for ages, i mean mouse random activity on his own. this is with diferent mouses since i'm on linux, say that was Mandrake 9.0

i would be happy to get rid of this too

Martins