Anything compiled as a module <M> when you configured your kernel.  Run
the find command as the handbook suggests to find out what's compiled as
a module.  Only add those modules you want/need into your
module.autoload.d/  You can always adjust the contents according to your
needs and preferences at a later stage.  It is usually better to
manually run modprobe first and keep an eye on dmesg to ensure that each
module loads without problems.  Don't forget to run # modules-update
before you reboot.
--
Regards,
Mick