I tried disabling r128 and building the raedon driver into the kernel.
However, I am getting the message raedon module not found. It's not a
module. It's built into the kernel. Xorg.0.log. I mistakenly typed raedom,
but then fixed it to raedon, so if you see that in log, I corrected it and
tried starting X again.

http://vpaste.net/K3N1v

Here's my .config:
http://vpaste.net/1MsRr

With no xorg.conf, I get:

beastlinux X11 # startx
xauth:  file /root/.serverauth.1891 does not exist

X.Org X Server 1.12.2
Release Date: 2012-05-29
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
Build Operating System: Linux 3.2.12-gentoo-laptop i686 Gentoo
Current Operating System: Linux beastlinux 3.2.12-gentoo-laptop #2 Fri Jul
6 14:39:55 CDT 2012 i686
Kernel command line: root=/dev/sda3
Build Date: 05 July 2012  05:40:09AM

Current version of pixman: 0.24.0
    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
    (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Fri Jul  6 14:57:42 2012
(==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
     at http://wiki.x.org
 for help.
Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional
information.

Server terminated with error (1). Closing log file.

Christopher Lemire <christopher.lem...@gmail.com>
Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0

Gnu Privacy Guard Key Fingerprint = 3E1A 9103 EF3D 4885 6866  E9DE C69F
18B3 E13B 0909

Web: http://linuxinnovations.blogspot.com
Jabber: recursivequicks...@jabber.org