On 07/09/12 19:07, Alex Schuster wrote:
nxagent needs the _XGetRequest symbol, and looks for it in libXtst.so.6.
It's not directly defined there, but in libX11.so, "ldd
-r /usr/lib64/libXtst.so.6" will show that this library is also being
searched for. There the symbol is found on my system, but I assume
"nm -D /usr/lib64/libX11.so | grep XGetRequest" will list nothing for you.
I am using net-misc/nx-3.5.0-r3 just fine. And I also have
xorg-server-1.12.2 installed (with use flags ipv6 nptl udev xorg).

There is a discussion about older versions of libX11.so not having this
symbol, but this should not matter here:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/radeon-problem-4175414183/

So, I don't know what is going on.

        Wonko

I have two machines on a remote network.
One - was not upgraded and NX server is working OK
Interestingly: nm -D /usr/lib64/libX11.so | grep XGetRequest is not showing any entry and NX is working.

On the machine with radeon that I upgraded the nm -D /usr/lib64/libX11.so |
grep XGetRequest
is showing:
0000000000047600 T _XGetRequest
but NX is not working. I've upgraed to unstable net-misc/nx-3.5.0-r3 and no luck, still not working.

--
Joseph