From: Mariusz PĂȘkala [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 4:33 AM
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge output

On 2005-08-26 01:48:36 +0200 (Fri, Aug), Holly Bostick wrote:
> Idea #3: there is a way (and possibly more than one) to tail out the
> einfo messages, either to a file, or to the console, but unfortunately I
> don't remember what they are atm.... Oh, wait, they're listed on the Wiki:
>
> http://gentoo-wiki.com/TIP_Portage_utilities_not_in_portage
>
> I think what you might want is portlog-info, which is in the
> Informational Utilities section.

...or something dumber^H^H^H^H^Hsimpler:

# ---------------------------------------
#!/bin/bash

COUNT=60

cd /var/log/portage || exit -1

for file in $( ls -1rt | tail -n $COUNT)
do
  if grep $'\e' "$file" | grep -q -v -e " Applying [^ ]*.patch" -e
$'\e'"\[32;01mok"$'\e'"\[34;01m"
  then
    tput bold
    echo ' ----------------------------------------------------'
    ls -l "$file"
    echo ' ----------------------------------------------------'
    tput sgr0

    grep $'\e' "$file" | grep -v " Applying [^ ]*.patch"
  fi
done

The log files are created when you set the PORT_LOGDIR in /etc/make.conf
(yeah, you replace then that "cd /var/log/portage" with your - possibly
different - location, or do something like eval $(grep "^PORT_LOGDIR="
/etc/make.conf)) .

HTH