Am 04.01.2012 09:24, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
> Howdy,
>
> Installing on a nice shiny new Dell laptop which has these new-fangled
> UEFI and 4K-sector disks. Never having worked on these things before,
> I'm somewhat wary especially as we've had huge threads before on what
> to do and not do.
>
> I don't want to rehash all of that all over again (and the info is
> somewhat scattered) so I have one simple question:
>
> Is this wiki page accurate and worth following:
>
> http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GRUB2

You tell *me* ... ;-)

As some of you might have noticed I migrated to GRUB2 lately.

My current question:

Does it make sense to convert/move to GPT-style-partitioning on a
current ~amd64 machine? (root-fs on software raid, btw)

I browse through stuff like:

http://www.rodsbooks.com/gdisk/

and wonder ... (maybe some hours of sleep also help).

Filtering my gentoo-user-IMAP-folder only threw up this thread.

--

Additional "problem": this box dual-boots Win7pro.

Have some of you gentoo-users already been there, done that?

Stefan