On 08/09/2012 02:06 PM, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org> [12-08-09 05:11]:
>>   Now epdfview is masked for removal in a few weeks.  apvlv is the
>> recommended lightweight alternative.  After some screwing around and
>> discovering an obscure bug in the apvlv ebuild, I finally got apvlv up
>> and running.  You ***MUST*** build poppler with USE="xpdf-headers", or
>> else the apvlv ebuild dies.  I reported the bug, and the apvlv ebuild
>> now should check for app-text/poppler[xpf-headers].
>>

> Hi Walter,
>
> thanks for the hints! :)
> Now apvlv works for me...

Strange, I didn't have to add that USE for apvlv to build.
Looks like it should be pulled in by the ebuild:

$ grep xpdf-headers /usr/portage/app-text/poppler/poppler-0.20.2-r1.ebuild
IUSE="cairo cjk curl cxx debug doc +introspection jpeg jpeg2k +lcms png
qt4 tiff +utils +xpdf-headers"

>From man 5 ebuild:
IUSE   This should be a list of any and all USE flags that are leveraged
within your build script. ... Beginning  with  EAPI 1,  it  is possible
to prefix flags with + or - in order to create default settings that
respectively enable or disable the corresponding USE flags.

But it did not work for you so probably there is a bug somewhere.

raf