Hi,
   Take a look at Rosegarden-4, Muse & Ardour. None of them duplicate
Garage Band but they probably represent the most mature of the Linux
'major' audio apps. A fun app, but very different from Garage Band,
would be Free Wheelin'. You can play it from a keyboard, and create
fun looping patterns.

   Your friend is not alone in his desires. For the 4 years I've been
doing Linux based audio I've wished, cajoled & begged for something to
replace Acid Pro. There is interest but no developer who'd been
willing to take up the mission and go make it happen.

   Hope this was of interest.

Cheers,
Mark

On 8/26/05, Ian K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi there,
> My friend who is new to Linux is wondering if there is a program like

Have fun,
Mark