Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 20:44:23 +0200, Carlos Hendson wrote:
>
>> I'm not aware of any tool that will tell you what files a package will
>> create/own before it's built and installed on the system.
>>
>> It would be nice if there was some sort of online database that could be
>> queried for such information.  Something like how the equery tool
>> functions but online instead of locally.
> http://www.portagefilelist.de/

Yep, that site works nicely.  I have had a couple times it didn't have a
file in its database but most of the time, it is in there.  Great site.

To everyone reading this, you can install app-portage/pfl and set it up
in a cron to send the results once a week.  I do that here to help keep
the database up to date since I update pretty often.  Sort of return the
favor.  This is especially true if you run some rarely used programs.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!