On Thu, 06 Sep 2012 05:11:01 -0500, Dale wrote:

> You need to run free, run the command to clear and then run free again
> so you can see for yourself.  If it was just me, I could think I am
> wrong but this was tested by others too with the same results.

I'm not saying your test results are wrong, I'm explaining why I think
they are what they are. Have you tried running free *during* the emerge?
I expect you'll find plenty of cache in use then.

--
Neil Bothwick

We are Pentium of Borg.  You will be approximated.  Resistance may or may
not be futile, except on every other Tuesday when it is a definite maybe.