On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 5:03 PM, Samuraiii <samurai.no.d...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2012-09-07 19:38, Andrey Moshbear wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Samuraiii <samurai.no.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Are there any tips for gentoo amd64 with core2duo?
>>> Google doesn't seem to give any usable answers (I don't need configure
>>> binhost yet)
>> While I can make a binpkg for gcc:{4,5,4.6,4.7} or glibc-2.15-r2 on my
>> c2d-penryn laptop, my adsl upload rate is pretty slow, so it'll take a
>> while to upload it to my VPS.
>>
>> In terms of guides, a 5-second googling showed up:
>> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Binary_package_guide
>> http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Using_Portage_BINHOST
>>
> I have an idea waht about make chrooted mini install just to compile gcc
> glibc and binutils... wouldn't take so long time than upload or emerge
> -NuDe @world...

Download stage1, chroot into it, and run
/usr/portage/scripts/bootstrap.sh, then exit the chroot and copy
usr/include recursively.
However, you will still need to do emerge -e @world because the rest
of /usr/include may still be dysfunctional.

Also, -D -N -u is redundant when combined with -e. -e implies -D and
-N -u is pointless when -e is used, since everything is already
included.