Hello,

I have got a modem US Robotics 5637 and I would like to use it with Hylafax+.
Hylafax works fine, all clients can create jobs, but now I would like to
configure / test the modem. Can anybody explain me how I can test / configure
my modem. I have installed minicom and the modem is setup under /dev/modem with
this udev rules

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0303", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0baf",
RUN+="/sbin/modprobe usbserial vendor=0x0baf product=0x0303"

SUBSYSTEM=="usb", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0303", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0baf",
RUN+="/sbin/modprobe ppp_generic" SYMLINK="modem"

I think I must setup pulse dial and I would like to test first the modem, if it
dials under the correct number because it is conected to a telefon facility. I
have tried minicom, but minicom shows under /dev/modem in the right corner
"offline". How I can install my modem in the correct way?

Thanks

Phil