On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 04:47:57PM +0200, Jarry wrote:
> daniel wrote:
>
> >I've trained it with sa-learn on a whole slew of ham and spam and it
> >continues to let through nearly all the spam coming in.
>
> BTW, in which form do all emails have to be in order to use them as
> examples for spamassassin-learning? mbox (all mails in 1 file), or
> maildir (every mail is a separate file)? Or both are acceptable?

I know mbox works since I've been using it. I don't know whether
maildir works, but it is likely it does.

> What about MUA mail-folders? Can I use them? I have a lot of mails in
> mozilla/thunderbird mail-folder format, which is (I think) very close to
> mbox (every mailfolder is one file, e.g. one file for all Sent mails,
> etc), but I'm not sure if spamassassin would understand it as many mails
> in one file, separated by newline and "From - <date>" line...

Isn't that what mbox is? a blankline and From - <date>? If the actual
storage format is like that, I don't see why SpamAssassin won't work.

"Do you all understand? At this point I'll settle for quiet acquiescence."
~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 15 days, 20:51