Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:

> I have a Brother MFC-7460DN network laser AIO. Both printing and scanning
> work fine, using modified ebuilds from b.g.o. Duplex printing also works
> as expected.

So I started looking at the drivers at the bgo overlay,
I did fine: brother-mfc-j265w-drivers-1

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/download_prn.html#DCP-J315W

Is that the drive you used?
How will I know it works with the printer I'm looking at?
(MFC-J6710DW )

Will I have to hack an ebuild to get my specific printer to work?
And I ended up here:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/download_prn.html#MFC-J6710DW

Since I did not see a specific overlay for the
MFC-J6710DB, I did browse the brother linux drivers
here:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public_s/id/linux/en/download_prn.html

So, I guess I'm looking for advice on rolling my own hacked
ebuild for this brother printer, or did I miss how all Brother
printers are supported on gentoo?

Looking in CUPS, I did not see