One more update I guess.  I couldn't get this to work with serial.  The
driver for this thing appears to be USB only.  I might could get it to
work in dumb mode but I don't want that anyway.  So, if you buy a model
similar to CyberPower 1350AVRLCD, don't depend on using serial
connections.

One other thing I don't like, it doesn't give me a internal temperature
measurement.  My old one did and I liked that.  I actually had a
external fan blowing air on the side where the vent holes are.  It would
be 100F even in a 70F room and it only 8 inches or so off the floor.
That said, when in standby mode, it is cool to the touch so it seem to
be a cool runner.  It does have a fan that runs when it is running off
the batteries tho.  That makes me feel better.

Thanks to all for the replies.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!