Am 09.10.2012 21:34, schrieb Florian Philipp:

> Given that the kernel is old and unsupported anyway, couldn't you
> just compile a slightly newer one with the right modules? Or
> transplant it from the other VM you mentioned?

Yes and no ... the software running in the VM is somehow compiled
"against" all the given environment and it isn't sure how it would behave.

Worth a try, sure. Although that old suse isn't exactly gentoo ... you
know ;)

I could additionally have to look for old installation media or even
rpm-packages with ready kernels for that 6.1

Although I still assume that it should be possible to provide a
PIIX4-bus to that VM via KVM ...

Stefan