Am 17.10.2012 22:18, schrieb Allan Gottlieb:
> A few months ago a procedure was given for converting from testing to
> stable (e.g. ~amd64-->~amd) by essentially waiting for stable to catch
> up.
>
> I believe the basic idea was to unmask a bunch of packages and then as
> stable catches up, remove the unmasks.  I also believe there was some
> automated way to generate the unmasks and maybe a way to see when each
> is not needed.
>
> Can someone repost this msg?
> I foolishly did not save it and now want to convert a system to stable
> and can afford to do so slowly.
>
> thanks,
> allan

I don't remember the original post but if I understand you correctly, it
should be sufficient to replace your /etc/portage/package.keywords with
the output of this command:

eix --installed-testing --format '=<installedversions:NAMEVERSION>'
--pure-packages

You can then use eix-test-obsolete to find obsolete masks and other cruft.

Regards,
Florian Philipp