On 20-Oct-12 0:15, Paul Hartman wrote:

Small letter "m" looks more like "M" reduced in size.
And small "w" looks more like small and rotated "M".

If you are using openrc, it contains /etc/conf.d/consolefont and
/etc/init.d/consolefont which you can use to automatically override
with a font of your own choosing at each reboot.

I booted install-cd, and console font there looks normal.
Then I booted my system again, and console font looks ugly.

I checked /etc/conf.d/consolefont: both install-cd and my system
use "default8x16". The only difference was that my freshly
installed system did not have corresponding start-up script
activated. So all I had to do was:

# rc-update add consolefont boot

Now font in console looks normal. Thanks!

Jarry