Kerin Millar wrote:
> Helmut Jarausch wrote:
>> On 10/24/2012 03:54:39 PM, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
>>> Kernels 3.4, 3.5, and 3.6 can result in severe data corruption if
>>> you're using the EXT4 filesystem:
>>
>> It looks as if Eric Sandeen has found the culprit and Theodore Ts'o has
>> suggested this patch yesterday
>> https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/10/28/309
>>
>> Helmut.
>>

> Here's the final patch:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=ffb5387
>

> It turns out to have had nothing to do with nobarrier.
>
> --Kerin

Could you explain a little on who it could have affected?  Is it more
serious or less serious than originally thought?  This is for those of
us who don't subscribe to the kernel mailing list, which I have read is
hugely active.

Thanks much.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!