On 2012-01-05 21:44, Anthoine Bourgeois wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> 2012/1/5 pk <pete...@coolmail.se>:
>> On 2012-01-04 22:28, Anthoine Bourgeois wrote:
>>
>>> I write on this list and hope someone can test these devices on Gentoo.
>>> My overlay :
>>> http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=user/aluco.git;a=summary
>>> contains a blender ebuild with useflag 3dmouse. This useflag depends
>>> on libspnav and spacenavd daemon that provides free alternative of the
>>> proprietary driver.
>>> The ideal would be to test each product.
>>
>> I plan on buying a space navigator (and I have a lot experience in using
>> them as a design engineer [NX/Catia]) and will test as soon as I'm able.
>> Unfortunately it will not happen before summer though...
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Peter K
>>

> No problem. Thank you for this return. I will be very happy to help
> as soon as you get on. Please call me.
> (especially if the driver does work the first time of course :-)

Anthoine,

I don't know if you're still on this list or not so I'm cc:ing you.
Finally, I've bought myself an spacenavigator. The spnavd/libspnav is in
official portage now (masked) so I've tried out that one. Works fine in
Blender-2.63a-R2 (well, except the awkward way of panning but that's
Blenders "fault")! Will try to find some time to test it properly. Just
wanted to let you (and perhaps other interested parties on this list)
know...

Best regards

Peter K