On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 06:55:31PM +0100, "ifj. Stefán István" wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a quite good kernel, but today I realised that I need a kernel
> module that hadn't been compiled before.
> Is there any way to compile only that new module, and not compiling the
> whole kernel and all of the modules again?
>
> Thanks,
> István

make nconfig (or menuconfig or whatever-config)
select M for the module
exit and save
make && make modules_install
will put the module into /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/
then you can "modprobe <symbol for module>"
and it will be in use.

You should go ahead and install that new kernel and edit your bootloader as
needed.

Bruce
--
Happy Penguin Computers               >')
126 Fenco Drive                       ( \

Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting