> My cups was down when a tested. The problem is exactly what walt points
before.

Here it is:

- Grant

>> > Thanks for the workaround :)  Whenever I try to print to a file from
chromium, the browser freezes and I need to kill the process to continue.

>> > I normally don't start cupsd unless I intend to print to my printer,
but I tried starting cupsd just now and powering on my printer and that
fixed the problem with printing to a file.

>> > This seems to be a bug in chromium.  Anyone have any experience with
filing chromium bugs upstream?  Does it ever really get things fixed?  (I
gave up on firefox bugs long ago.)