Alex Schuster wrote:
> Luis Gustavo Vilela de Oliveira writes:
>
>> Well, with 8Gb RAM, i recommend use tmpfs on PORTAGE_TMPDIR, just while
>> u are compiling anything.
>> Or even with 6Gb too.
>
> I have 16 GB, with 8GB for $PORTAGE_TMPDIR on tmpfs. There were issues
> with some packages having not enough space, so I have this in
> /etc/portage/package.env:
>
> app-office/libreoffice          notmpfs.conf
> dev-java/icedtea                notmpfs.conf
> games-fps/alienarena            notmpfs.conf
> games-fps/worldofpadman         notmpfs.conf
> games-sports/vdrift             notmpfs.conf
> mail-client/thunderbird         notmpfs.conf
> www-client/firefox              notmpfs.conf
>
> /etc/portage/env.d/notmpfs.conf has this entry, changing
> PORTAGE_TMPDIR to real HDD space:
>
> PORTAGE_TMPDIR=/var/portage/tmp
>
> Most of these packages compile with 8 GB of space, but not with
> parallel merges, like when Thunderbird and Firefox are both being
> built at the same time.
>
>     Alex

I used to have trouble with LOo but a few versions ago, that stopped.
It now compiles with 8Gbs of tmpfs.  You may want to try removing it and
see if you get the same results. I have also never had trouble with
Firefox or icedtea but don't think I have the others installed.

Just a thought.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!