Hi,

I have a host (centos6) running Gentoo as a guest on Virtualbox-4.2.4.
However, I am not able to get audio working on the Gentoo guest.

The configuration is the following:

== Host settings for Guest VM ==
Alsa Audio Driver
Intel HD Audio

== Gentoo VM ==
Linux-3.6.8
lsmod|grep snd
snd_hda_codec_idt      44870  1
snd_hda_intel          20177  3
snd_hda_codec          59120  2 snd_hda_codec_idt,snd_hda_intel
snd_pcm                59535  3 snd_hda_codec,snd_hda_intel
snd_page_alloc          5809  2 snd_pcm,snd_hda_intel

The alsamixer seems to recognize the virtual audio card correctly.
However I am not able to get any audio output on smplayer,mplayer or
even chromium.

Any ideas? I also have a Windows Guest (Host settings Pulseaudio/Intel
HD Audio) and the sound works there without problems.

--
Regards,