Kevin Brandstatter wrote:
> I've had the same problem.
> it seems setting DARK=true in .eixrc fixes the problem of the almost
> black on black background for me
>
> -Kevin

Oh thank you so much.  That worked like a charm.  For those needing a
example, here you go.  In my /root directory I put this .eixrc file:

# BOOLEAN
# This variable is only used for delayed substitution in COLORSCHEME{,_ALT}.
# If true, the "dark" color schemes (for black background) are selected.
DARK=true

# STRING
# If TERM_ALT does not match, this chooses the corresponding color of
# color specifications (starting from 0).
COLORSCHEME="%{?DARK}0%{else}2%{}"

# STRING
# If TERM_ALT matches, this chooses the corresponding color of
# color specifications (starting from 0).
COLORSCHEME_ALT="%{?DARK}1%{else}3%{}"

I have my konsole set to a black background and I can see this really
well.  I changed colors just to make sure but everything seems to be
there like it was before the change happened.

So, copy and paste away.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!