On Monday 29 of August 2005 22:02, Alvin A ONeal Jr wrote:
> are you accessing it as /dev/sda or /dev/uba?
>
> Ever since the new "usb-block device" option has been in the kernel I've
> noticed this as well. I don't believe it has anything to do with the
> sync option, but I have been known to be wrong.
>
> I can't remember off the top of my head, but if you check the "help" in
> the kernel configuration (make menuconfig) it gives you a warning or
> tells you which option is better.

I use usb storage driver, with ehci and ohci support and scsi driver...
I don't use Low Performance USB Block Driver, i never use it.

i acces through "/dev/usb/usbdrive" hand made udev link :-), but this is only
symlink to "sd?"

When i mount by hand without sync my flash work as usual but it start writing
on umnount command, this is not what i want...

Also i use hald with kdemedia kioslave, by default it uses "sync" option.
--
Michal Kurgan