On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:11:46PM +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:

> > I would like to include debug info into more of my system, but still not the
> > whole userland. So I'd like to start with libs. But how do I tell portage do
> > to it?
> > I've been using portage/env before for selected packages, namely:
> >
> > $ cat /etc/portage/debug-build
> > CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -pipe -ggdb"
> > CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
> > FEATURES="${FEATURES} splitdebug"
> > #USE="${USE} debug"
> >
> > and then placing a symlink…

> (Do not set the "debug" USE flag.  It's not for getting debug info.)

If you look a second time, you will notice it is already commented out. :)

> If you really want "-ggdb" instead of just "-g", then use that instead,
> though it will take more space for no real benefit, unless you actually
> need the extra debug info for some reason.

I wasn't really sure whether I really need it.  The only thing I did try was
-ggdb1.

Anyway, thanks for the info.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.

The advantage of RSS jokes is that you always know the newest one.