On 12/18/2012 01:07 AM, Francesco Turco wrote:
On Tue, Dec 18, 2012, at 9:49, Dale wrote:
If the RC_DEBUG setting is not there, add it.  There are lots of
settings that are not in there by default but you can add them if you
need to.

It's strange because all variables in my /etc/rc.conf file are lowercase
(for example rc_interactive, rc_parallel, ...). Perhaps we are not
discussing the same openrc version.

Also, with equery files --filter=man/doc openrc, I couldn't find a
documentation file where there is a list of all possible variables for
rc.conf. It seems rc.conf itself is such a file, and I already check it
for a debug variable, without success.

I find obscure man pages like this:  $qlist openrc |grep man

The openrc package includes about twenty man pages, all of which look like
they were written for developers instead of us (l)users.

I (re)discovered the RC_DEBUG variable like this:  $grep -ri debug /lib64/rc/*
I say rediscover because I remember using it years ago when I was playing with
the *BSD operating systems, but without using grep I couldn't possibly remember
that.  There are some questions that require a group of old farts, and you have
found one in this mailing list :)