On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 00:09:50 +0000
Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1i...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I certainly don't expect linux to solve these management problems,
>  quite the opposite in fact but I can hope.

I hope mentioning OpenBSD won't put anyone off but taking a leap out of
their book I feel could really benefit linux. This could be a busybox
like project but with general usage fully functional and non space
sensitive goals that creates a core reliable single user environment
with compilation options like busybox for distros to pick and choose
from that is consistent across all distros and self managing via
packagers needing to request for immediate inclusion by default but
obviously being installable though recognising they are crossing the
line drawn in the sand.