On 12/20/12 22:07, Joseph wrote:
I've found this script that copy and resize file on the fly from one location
to another.

for INPUT in ./*.JPG; do OUTPUT=/media/stick/`echo $INPUT | sed
's/\.JPG/\_new\.JPG/'`; echo $INPUT /media/stick/$OUTPUT; convert $INPUT -scale
800x $OUTPUT; done

I go into each directory manually and run this command, however my camera was
originally
set to start the same file name every time I empty it so I have the same file
name in may directories (the are not unique) so every time I run this script it
re-writes
the original one.

The ideal situation would be go into each directory and create the same
director directory on the destination disk with modified files
Can anybody suggest how can I rewrite this script to copy files together with
directory or change the file to a unique one.

I would like to span all directory I'm IN and bellow and run that script on any
directory below.

I do I combine the script above with this one below:

find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -name "*rospslpar*" |while read filename; do
 path_name=${filename%/*}
 base_name=${filename##*/}
 new_name="$(expr substr $base_name 14 6).jpg"
 mv "$filename" "$path_name/$new_name"
done

It would help be rename the file with unique name.

--
Joseph