On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 1:15 AM, Bruce Hill
<da...@happypenguincomputers.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 24, 2012 at 11:05:25AM -0600, Dale wrote:
>> Bruce Hill wrote:
>>
>> <<< SNIP >>>
>> > No initrd...
>>
>> YET!!!  ROFL
>>
>> When eudev goes stable, then we can disregard that yet.  ;-)
>>
>> Dale
>
> devfs still works wonderfully ... for principle, if no other reason, that file
> server will *NEVER* have an initrd image

You shouldn't need to wait for eudev.

Technically any early mount system configured and done _before_ udev
should do the trick. I mean, it's not like udev is even *essential*
for boot - that we happen to depend on it is just a matter of
convenience. Shouldn't be hard to write an rc script that does just
that for anyone that hates init thingies bad enough. Just hardcode an
n-second sleep and plug in the kernel detected device name. Do rc
scripts count as "init thingies"? :)
--
This email is:    [ ] actionable   [ ] fyi        [x] social
Response needed:  [ ] yes          [x] up to you  [ ] no