On Mon, 24 Dec 2012 20:33:34 -0600, Dale wrote:

> Putting /usr on LVM is not the problem.  I have had /usr on LVM for a
> good long while now.  It has booted just fine.  The new udev is what is
> going to break it, whether I use LVM or not from what has been said on
> this list and elsewhere.

I've been running separate /usr on LVM with ~arch udev and no initramfs
on a couple of systems with no problems. The news item is taking the easy
way out by saying "it will break" rather than "it may break" - such
breakage is by no means certain - although the future holds no
guarantees.

--
Neil Bothwick

We never really grow up; we only learn how to act in public.