On 12/28/12 13:15, pk wrote:
> On 2012-12-28 00:24, Canek Peláez Valdés wrote:
>
>> Well, yeah, that's the point. I want to install Gentoo in my mother's
>> PC, and never have to go to her house because someting broke.
>
> I really don't have the time nor the inclination to continue this but...
> Why would you in that case install Gentoo and not Fedora? They (Fedora)
> do the "kitchen-and-sink-installation" with systemd, which begs the
> question: Why are you using Gentoo in the first place? I'm asking
> because I honestly don't see why you would want to use it if you just
> don't want to care about how the system works...

This has nothing to do with (e)udev, but Gentoo is actually easier to
keep working than any of the distributions that change everything all at
once on a Monday morning.

Fedora et al. are only easier to maintain for friends/family if you
don't plan on having the machine (or friend) for more than a year.