On Dec 29, 2012 9:08 PM, "Francisco Ares" <fra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I know this is WAY off- topic, but I have seen topics in many different
areas, probably some gentooers will be glad to share experiences.

> I am trying to create some videos for a M$ Office presentation. Some are
from "recordmydesktop", which produces an OGG video, that I have to
convert, so "Powerpoint" will open it without complaining. (I know the
trick about renaming the video file to AVI extension, but this does not
work always)

> So I would like to know witch is the best/correct codec to encode/convert
a video file for proper use with M$ Powerpoint.

> I have being using this script for testing:
>
> #! /bin/bash
> mencoder "$1" -oac pcm -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=ffv1:vbitrate=1200:vme=4:mbd=2:v4mv:dia=-1 -ofps 25 -o test.avi

> Any ideas/suggestions?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Francisco

At this point, probably h.264+mpeg 2 layer 3, in an mp4 container.