bshlists schreef:
> On August 30, 2005 10:51 am, Holly Bostick wrote:
>
>>bshlists schreef:
>>
>>>Using all the suggestions on this thread I was able to get gensplash up
>>>and running.  I however have one small problem  the bootsplash come up
>>>some 1/3 the way through the bootup process.  Now I remember seeing
>>>somewhere a change to a config file which would change when the
>>>bootsplash started.
>>>
>>>I'd appreciate it if someone would remind me how to do this.
>>
>>Afaik, it's not a change to a config file, it's a change in the way you
>>generate the initramfs.
>>

> Okay.  The method I used was by genkernel and the initramfs I'm using was to
> get the autodetection feature.  If I change this don't lose that ability or
> does it matter?

Well, insofar as I've never used genkernel a day in my life, I don't
know for certain. But if you went to all the trouble of using genkernel
to get autodetection, then clearly autodetection 'matters' and should be
preserved.

I seem to recall Uwe posting in one of the several threads on this
subject a command line to get genkernel to include the splash data (as
well as whatever its already set to generate).

That information might be on the Wiki as well.

Holly