On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 06:48:44PM +0000, James wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First system build with a Gigabyte mobo. I never
> got a "motherboard install book" and cannot seem
> to find any docs on installing a new 990FXA-UD3
> with a FX8350 and ram installed. Everything is new
> and I have built many PCs before....
>
> I  got the new system put together
> physically. I'm trying to boot into the bios.
> The Blueray burner opens and closes and I put
> the newest liveDVD inside but no boot. No signal
> to the monitor.
>
> The fans all run, the BR burner opens and closes, but
> the motherboard will not boot. I first tried a
> known good pci video card (ATI) and now a new fanless
> video card (ASUS Direct CU Silent Radeon HD 7750).
> I tried different slots with the video cards.
>
> Is there a listing of jumpers or other install
> tips that I can find somewhere for this mobo?
> I meticulously connected everything, as this is not
> my first RODEO. I've never had a new mobo in the box without the
> little install guide book.....bummer .....
>
> ideas?    wikis?    docs?
>
> James

Dale gave you a link to the manufacturer's webpage for your board.

Never used a Blueray and don't know how well it's supported by the LiveDVD
you're using. I've been very pleased with SystemRescueCD[1], and booting off
USB [2] which is faster than a ROM drive anyway.

[1] http://www.sysresccd.org/Download
[2]
http://www.sysresccd.org/Sysresccd-manual-en_How_to_install_SystemRescueCd_on_an_USB-stick
--
Happy Penguin Computers               >')
126 Fenco Drive                       ( \

Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting