Michael Mauch schreef:
> Holly Bostick wrote:
>
>>This is more dock stuff. I'm trying to change the colors on those
>>dockapps that allow it. These dockapps that allow it are *supposed* to
>>take hex color codes (#xx1x34), but they don't seem to. They do,
>>however, take named colors (orange, MediumSlateBlue, etc) correctly, but
>>unfortunately, these named colors do not *precisely* match my desktop.
>>
>>I've been using gcolor2 to pick the colors of my desktop, and I just
>>noticed that it also saves 'named' colors.
>>
>>So I thought, "can't I just 'pick' a color, name it, and then I could
>>use it like all the other named colors?"
>>
>>I suppose I could, if I knew where the heck such information is stored.
>

> Perhaps /usr/lib/X11/rgb.txt is it. There's a (masked) ebuild
> x11-apps/rgb. My xorg.conf has:
>
>         RgbPath      "/usr/lib/X11/rgb"
>
> Alas, /usr/lib/X11/rgb doesn't exist here.

I have it, and it looks like the stuff:
! $Xorg: rgb.txt,v 1.3 2000/08/17 19:54:00 cpqbld Exp $
255 250 250             snow
248 248 255             ghost white
248 248 255             GhostWhite
245 245 245             white smoke
245 245 245             WhiteSmoke
220 220 220             gainsboro
255 250 240             floral white
255 250 240             FloralWhite
253 245 230             old lace
253 245 230             OldLace
250 240 230             linen
250 235 215             antique white

The man page of "showrgb"
> talks about a /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb file, which doesn't exist here,
> neither.

I don't have rgb installed, and the file I do have looks like it's
installed by xorg.

>>Could anybody tell me (or tell me that it can't be done)?
>

> Perhaps it's easier to fix the application that fails to take hex color
> codes?

Not bloody likely; I can't code my way out of a paper bag, and I
certainly am not prepared to take on WindowMaker dockapps, though I will
likely write to the developers, if I can track them down, once I've
finished testing whether the PEBKAC or not.

But thanks a lot; I've not only learned something, but this looks like
it has a fair chance of working, as well.

I appreciate it.

Holly