On 2/3/2013 23:43, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 3:14 AM, Dustin C. Hatch <admiraln...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 2/3/2013 12:24, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
Okay, the problem is probably the way PAM tries to link against db. Unless
you need that functionality, I'd go ahead and remove the berkdb USE flag and
try again. You may also want to file a bug.

Nah, I don't need berkdb, I'll do without it.
Did you install emerge/portage on the Pi yet?
Python cannot be cross compiled (it's a hot topic since ages, but very
few people have been successful with that).
So I guess Python would have to be compiled on the Pi itself... the
question is, emerge needs python and python needs emerge?!!?

--
Nilesh Govindrajan
http://nileshgr.com

No, minimalist Pi only has exactly what I need to run it. When I need to install additional software, I put the SD card in my desktop and run

armv6j-hardfloat-linux-gnueabi-emerge --root=/mnt/raspberrypi -av $pkg

I do have Python installed on it though. I actually have more than one Raspberry Pi, one of which runs a full install of Gentoo from a stage3 tarball. I've got it set up with DistCC to offload most of the compiling to my desktops and servers, so it didn't take too long to build Python natively. Once it was built, I just installed the binary on the minimalist Pi using the same method as other packages.

--
♫Dustin