How do I tell whether my laptop supports acpi or apm?

I'm sorry to keep throwing this up right now, but lack of experience begs
more questions.  I've found a lot of information about this box (dell
inspiron 8600) from googling, forums, etc., but they seem to be split on
whether this box uses acpi or apm.  I have looked at numerous articles
saying that they upgraded the bios regarding this, but when I read the
changelogs on every version of bios since this one (A04) [the latest is
A13], they all say that they added fixes for bugs in suspend and added
support for new cards.  None of them say "And we went from APM to APCI" , or
anything like it.  It appeared as though apm was supported in this box,
since my first go at the battery applet showed that the battery had 100%
power, and, after installing apcid, the battery constantly shows 0.

Any input is appreciated.  it's a small thing, really, but now that I've
started looking into it, I can't let go until I find a solution.

John D