Walter Dnes wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 09:16:07AM +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote
>> On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:24:00 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
>>
>>> A useful trick I use on my Gentoo test/dev vms is a defined set called
>>> @tools. These all use a shared /etc/portage/ for consistency, so add bc
>>> to the set and it is merged everywhere. This helps keep my world free of
>>> clutter.
>> I do a similar thing, I have a set called @base, the first thing I do
>> after unpacking a stage 3 and setting up make.conf is emerge @base. It
>> means I have everything I expect on a computer and also shortcuts some of
>> the install steps.
>   How are the portage-2.2.0 alphas for stability/bugs (hopefully lack
> thereof)?  I see alpha163 and alpha166 available.

I added portage to the keyword file then masked the 9999 version a good
long while back.  I'm on sys-apps/portage-2.2.0_alpha166 and I have not
had any troubles so far.  Your mileage may vary tho.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!