Fernando Canizo schreef:

>> Is this a behaviour that a significant portion of the mutt userbase
>>  might want? Or are you just weird ;) ?
>

> Well, you use thunderbird, so maybe you're more like a "mouse user".

Yes, but I'm getting over it. Also I need to know how to work with at
least one CLI email client in the event that I don't have X available (I
have a fallback "no-X" alternative backend set up for most basic
functionality, exept email-- and heaven knows I never want to have to
try and read my ISP's webmail via lynx/elinks).

> This is the thing: in mutt you can flag a message as important (you
> got only one flag), also you have a 'ctrl-d' command that deletes a
> full thread. Sometimes threads get off-topic (an unconstructive flame
>  for example) and when i realize that, and don't like the new topic i
>  just 'ctrl-d' them. But what if i've flagged some message? It means
> that it's important to me, so i wanted to remain undeleted.  The
> actual behaviour of mutt just delete everything.
>
> That's what the patch provides me, and with a single line of code.
> Simple. And David (the autor) do it so well that even added a new
> option for it to be in '~/muttrc' and let the default to be the old
> behaviour. So i think this patch can get to portage easily.
>
> By the way, if anyone interested, this is it:
> http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mutt/patch-1.5.8.dgc.flagsafe.1

That really sounds incredibly useful. I can't imagine why upstream
wouldn't include that functionality. But obviously I know nothing about
Mutt, much less Mutt development goals.

>> If you think it might be useful to other mutt users, submit it to
>> b.g.o
>

> Doing this later.

Glad to hear it. I'm sure I'll want it if I ever get around to using Mutt.

Holly