On Monday 01 April 2013 20:51:45 Michael Mol wrote:

--->8

> So, there are three conceivable configurations (initramfs
> notwithstanding):

What a fine word! It's a while since I saw it last.

> 1. With systems which don't require /usr binaries before /usr would be
> mounted, separate /usr is not a problem.

I'm in that group, I'm glad to be able to say. The most important para to me
in the news item was: "The feature can also be completely disabled using
net.ifnames=0 on the kernel command line." I just added that to my grub.conf
entries and I sail blissfully on with eth0. Of course this is a simple
desktop box with a static network topology; on a less simple setup things
would differ. Maybe I've left a hostage to fortune, but it'll do for now.

--->8

--
Peter